A place to find great deals and share your own savings secrets.

Take a look.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Costco, Amish Store

It's been a long time since I've posted and I don't know if anybody ever reads this anymore. However, I wanted to post on here that I now shop monthly at Costco. I switched from Sam's Club because Costco has a large selection of organics. Many of their organic items are cheaper than Walmart's conventional items.
Also, a friend of mine made a discovery in Kokomo. There is an Amish store where you can buy bulk flour, sugar, oatmeal, and much more - with organic options - for a great price. I can't remember the name, but it's located on N 700 E between E 300 N and E 400 N.
Just a few miles from that store is the Homestead Heritage Farm. They sell free range, organic chicken, pork and eggs. Their email is homesteadheritage@gmail.com. You must set up an appointment, but their farm is N 500 E just south of E 600 N
Finally, the Ripberger Farm is in the same vicinity and sells grassfed beef and sells cow shares. They are located at E 50 N just east of N 500 E.
I make the Kokomo run about every 3 months and enjoy an afternoon in the country. It saves lots of money for our family - and we get great, healthy food.

No comments: